Spanjaard Silicone Paste is formulated as dielectric grease to seal and potting of electrical and electronic components.
It consists of a silicone oil, thickened with an inorganic gelling agent to form a 'non-melting' stable paste. In addition to its usefulness as a lubricant it is highly resistant to water, has excellent insulating properties and had many applications as a release agent.
It works as a great dielectric grease due to excellent water and corrosion resistance. It can used as insulating compound which is non-conductive and prevents electrical leakage and short circuiting e.g.
- Sealing and potting of electrical and electronic components.
- Prevents tracking on insulators.
- Protects automobile ignition systems.
- Prevents ionisation and sparking on electrical equipment.
It will seal electrical equipment against the ingress of moisture, and protects metal parts against corrosion e.g.
- Seals outdoor electrical fittings.
- Protects chrome plating.
- Seals screw threads and automobile battery terminals.